What's Cooking

Sunday, February 9, 2014

Hoisin Pork with Rice Noodles

February Week 1 - Chinese Food!
Hello, My name is Ferren...I love to cook new recipes and thankfully my husband and 18 month old son love trying out new things. Thankfully this first challenge wasn't too difficult and I was able to find a simple recipe that easily fit into my busy schedule. 

I found this meal on Pinterest of course, from a blog called Pinch of Yum Lindsay and her husband Bjork work together to create a wonderful blog that is full of awesome looking recipes!


 
I would rate this recipe 3.8 stars! 

Reasons: I would like to add more ingredients, I get super bored fast if my meal is just mostly meat. 
I should have soaked the rice noodles longer, they were on the crunchy side. 
I also rarely rate things above 4.5 stars because I believe that 5 is close to perfection. 

Notes: This recipe can get spicy depending on what hot pepper you use. I just diced the pepper and so every once in a while your mouth would get this burst of spiciness that was hard for my 18 month old to handle. 
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 15 minutes 
(she does recommend marinating the meat so I would plan on preparing this the night before or that morning!)

Ingredients: 
  • 1/3 cup soy sauce
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 3.5 T sesame oil or canola oil
  • 2 T honey + 1 T sugar
  • 1 dash fish sauce
  • 3 T vinegar + a squeeze of lime
  • 5 cloves finely minced garlic
  • 1 piece fresh grated ginger (1-2 T)
  • 1 minced hot pepper (i.e. jalapeno, chili pepper, etc)
  • 3 T hoisin sauce
  • 3 T peanut butter (optional)
  • 1 1/2 lbs pork cut into thin strips
  • 9 oz. rice noodles
  • grated carrots, chopped scallions, chopped peanuts, cilantro etc. 
For the instructions visit the blog: http://pinchofyum.com/hoisin-pork-with-rice-noodles

This recipe was delicious!! And we will be repeating it for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment