What's Cooking

Friday, February 28, 2014

February Week 4 Whip Up a Packed-With-Vitamins Salad - Weekend Glow Kale Salad

If you're looking for an excellent salad that everyone is sure to enjoy, then you HAVE to make the weekend Glow Kale Salad. 

I found this recipe on Chatelaine.com - Kale Salad - Packed With Vitamins That Will Make You Glow and I'm stoked about this salad.

I don't make a lot of salads around here because I feel like they're boring and not filling enough. Don't you feel like that? Well, I was pleasantly surprised when I made this and found it filling, delicious, and a must make every week for lunches. 

I feel like I need to buy new plates just to showcase this amazing salad!

Ingredients:
1/2 large head of kale (about 5-6 cups packed)
1 cup finely chopped red onion
1/2 red bell pepper
1/2-3/4 cup chopped carrot (2 small carrots)
1 english cucumber (2 cups chopped halves)
1 avocado, chopped
1 1/4 cup chopped grape tomatoes (or other variety)
1/2 cup mixed raisins and goji berries
1/4 cup hemp seed
1/3 cup chopped walnuts

Lightened up tahini-lemon dressing:
1/4 cup Tahini
3 garlic cloves
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice 
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
3 tbsp water, or as needed 

Recipe Round-Up:
This recipe gets a 5 out of 5!

WHOA! Am I serious about this or what?!

Yes, for these reasons:
1. The flavor of this salad is so full of different sensations from the crispiness of the vegetables to the tangy, sweet, goodness of the dressing, it makes your mouth (and body) crave each bite.

2. I didn't feel guilty about eating a giant bowl/plate of this and it was very filling. I didn't feel starved after I was done. 

3. The amount I made looked like the salad would last for days. I dreaded we would waste it, but ALAS, it was more than half gone that night, and eaten for lunch the next day, meaning: NOT ONE BIT OF THIS WENT TO THE TRASH CAN, WE ATE IT ALL! That's a miracle around this house.

4. Did I mention that this is packed with vitamins, so I am pretty sure this helped out with getting all the nutritional support I needed for the day.

5. DH LOVED this salad and is A-OKAY with me making this again. 


I could easily go on, but I will spare you. JUST MAKE THE SALAD ALREADY! You won't regret it. 





No comments:

Post a Comment